The AHA! Directory of Home-Visiting Psychotherapists is a NYC-based resource to help homebound adults locate a licensed psychotherapist in their area who makes home visits. Elissa K. West, L.C.S.W., a psychotherapist in private practice, is the founder and administrator of AHA!.
We are independent, licensed mental health professionals, with advanced degrees and training. Psychotherapists in the AHA! Directory bring the opportunity for supportive, dynamic psychotherapy to you, at your home. Depending on what will work best for you, your work in psychotherapy can be short-term problem-focused, or more long-term and in depth.
Psychotherapists in the AHA! Directory offer psychotherapy at home to people with the following conditions:
- frailty due to being elderly
- severe physical disability or illness
- severe or chronic anxiety, panic
- debilitating, or chronic depression
- phobias, including problems with hoarding, or agoraphobia
- substance abuse problems (food, alcohol, drugs)
- terminal illness
- a parent at home with small children
- a full-time caretaker of a disabled or homebound person
- temporarily homebound due to period of medical recovery
- no medical condition–“concierge” psychotherapy available
The process and work of therapy is an action plan toward realizing hope and healing.
Our mission at AHA! is to register in the AHA! Directory at least one psychotherapist in every NYC zip code so that at-home psychotherapy can be readily available to homebound New Yorkers in need.
- AHA! Directory – AHA! is developing a private Directory of New York State licensed psychotherapists in private practice who make home visits within the area of their New York City zip code. With a Directory, those who seek care will be able to go to one website to locate a home-visiting, professional psychotherapist. Each therapist is financially, legally and professionally autonomous and is solely responsible for his or her work. Therapists may be trained in psychoanalytic psychotherapy, insight-oriented dynamic psychotherapy, cognitive/behavioral techniques and therapies, creative arts therapies, or other modalities. We are in the process of expanding our outreach and increasing the availability of home-visiting psychotherapists in all Manhattan neighborhoods and in the outer boroughs as well. So call us to see what might be possible.
- AHA! Speaker’s Bureau – We provide speakers on a variety of mental health topics to community agencies, hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, adult homes; as well as to undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate classes. This service is free to the community.
Therapists are in individual private practice and have individual fee arrangements. Some may be eligible in your insurance program as in-network or out-of-network providers. Other therapists may work on a private pay basis.
A fee is charged by each therapist for the following services:
* 60-minute individual therapy session (home visit)
* 90-minute individual therapy session (home visit)
* 45-minute individual therapy session (office visit)